Cognitive Behavior Associates (CBA) is a group practice founded by Joel L. Becker, Ph.D. & his associates in 2005 and is one of the largest cognitive-behavior therapy practices in Southern California.
Our mission is to provide the latest problem-focused therapy techniques in a professional clinical setting. We specialize in short-term, problem focused therapy from a cognitive-behavioral perspective. Our cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) treatments are individualized for a full range of psychological disorders. For a full list of disorders that we treat, please click here.
It is our philosophy that a patient who is well-informed about their disorder will be more successful in therapy. We try to make use of a collaborative relationship between the client and the therapist, as well as consultation with all other health care providers. Being as clear as possible about what treatment will consist of allows us to provide the best quality services to each of our clients.
Our clinicians apply the methods that have been tested in clinical trials. This adherence to the researched protocols and the individualized application assures our clientele they are getting the most current and effective forms of CBT. This allows us to offer therapy & training based on the classical models of CBT, and to incorporate the newest forms of CBT as they are being empirically tested on patient groups.
Our Clinicians are highly trained
- Each of our clinicians are licensed to practice in the state of California.
- Our clinicians are involved in academic, organizational, or research work that enhances their competencies of CBT.
- Our clinicians are trained and practice with the most current treatments supported by empirical research.
- Our clinicians understand the importance of the relationship which allows us to meet the client’s needs in the most effective way.
- Each of our clinicians differs in areas of expertise and interest, and these factors are taken into consideration when matching a client with a clinician.
Click here to learn more about our clinicians.